This is a fantastic opportunity to join an Engineering department who use this in-house company for their own engineering requirements as part of the independent and expanding food manufacturer in the meat free and extruded cereal market. We are looking for an experienced Site Engineering Manager to join our successful and expanding team. The Engineering branch supplies new machine builds, modifications, refurbishments, and responds to breakdowns. they specialise in supplying the food industry, supply other industries in meeting their engineering requirements.
This role is a crucial part of the overall growth and business development both internally and with external customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for growing the business and taking it to the next level, driving site-wide improvements in sales, service, cost, quality and safety. It includes providing leadership and direction to our multi-skilled engineering department and design team, generating sustainable new business and growing the customer base, efficiently managing costs and overseeing health and safety compliance, reporting into the Operations Director.
- Providing leadership and direction to the Engineering team.
- Securing new and additional business.
- Driving and maintaining the profitability of Engineering arm of the business.
- Managing projects from concept to completion.
- Leading and managing the complete engineering process.
- Providing advice and expertise in response to engineering and customer queries.
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement for engineering quality, safety and legislative standards in line with ISO 9001: 2015 and other industry standards.
- Leading and managing the supplier approval process, agreeing contracts and managing third party contractors.
- Ensuring Health and Safety on site for staff, contractors and visitors ensuring compliance with company standards and statutory regulations.
- Overseeing maintenance operations including plant machinery, building, equipment, vehicles and PPM cycles.
What will you need to succeed?
- Demonstrable experience in leading, motivating and managing a team
- Demonstrable experience in process and design engineering
- Experience in generating new business and growing a customer base
- Health and safety experience within the engineering industry
- Ability to build sustainable relationships including customer relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Self-motivated to grow and expand the business implementing new ideas
- The ability to identify and evaluate potential risks in design and develop solutions with excellent attention to detail.
- Professional engineering qualification, backed by engineering management experience
- Robust knowledge of engineering legislative standards
- Preferred, but not essential experience of FMCG.
For more information please contact Peter Bates on 07576 387261 or email firstname.lastname@example.org