Bates & Bradshaw are recruiting on behalf of a major Construction & Maintenance company in the Hull area who operate as one of the leading building, repairs, and maintenance contractors. They are presently employing around 500 people and have a turnover of £50 million and they have some ambitious plans in place to grow this again over the coming years.
To manage the company operational fleet (220+ vehicles) and plant assets that underpin the delivery of the repairs and maintenance and street lighting functions, such that:
- Legal compliance is maintained
- Asset utilisation is optimised
- Front line delivery of services is supported by a cost effective and efficient fleet.
This is a key role in assisting operational delivery teams to ensure that the right resources (vehicles, plant and tradespeople) are in the right place at the right time.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- 5+ years’ working experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of financial and budgetary management including the preparation of budgets
- Experience of managing a fleet of 50+ vehicles
- An excellent understanding of health and safety particularly in relation to vehicles and road risk
- Knowledge of vehicle and road related legislation
- Knowledge of risk assessment procedures
- Knowledge of the Road Traffic Act
- Good ability in the use of MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Tenacious and results driven
- Assertive and willing to challenge upwards
- Reliable, conscientious and co-operative
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Full valid driving licence
For more information please contact Martin Bradshaw on 07580 127879